Friday, April 9, 2010

It starts today!

Okay, so I started a new nutrition program today. I was struggling finding a balance in my nutrition because of all the extra exercise I've been doing. I want to fuel my muscles so I can train hard, but I also would like to lose a little weight at the same time. It was a little overwhelming.

Some of my fellow FXB'ers have been buzzing about the Max Muscle 10 week Nutrition Plan and from what I heard were getting great results. So, I decided to give it a try.

On Wednesday I went in to MM to get weight and my body fat% measured and also set up my customized plan. Now, let me just say that I've been pondering this blog post since Wednesday...should I share the "numbers" or not? Well, I decided there was no better way to hold myself accountable than to put myself out there (how many people really read this anyway). So here goes:

Wait...wait...wait...before I share the numbers let me explain the program. It is a 10 week nutrition program that is based off the physical activity of the individual. I go in every 2 weeks to be re-weighed and have body fat % measured. At the beginning of a program and weight loss goal as well as goals for fat loss/muscle gain. Seems very individualized, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Because of my training schedule and my high lean body mass (that means I have a lot of muscle...I knew it wasn't all fat!) My 10 week weight loss goal was set conservatively at 5 lbs. I was told that if I tried to lose more than that I would probably end up losing muscle too, which is not what I want. More importantly than the weight loss, my fat loss goal is 10 lbs, my total weight loss is offset by my muscle gain goal of 5 lbs. So, the plan is to lose 5 total pounds, lose 10 lbs of fat and gain 5 lbs of muscle.

Still with me? Okay, so I will plan on updating every 2 weeks with my new numbers. Here are my numbers from Wednesday:

4/7/2010:
Weight: 155 lbs
Body Fat %: 24.9%

Goal Weight: 150 lbs
Goal Body Fat %: 19%

Nutrition program officially started today...wish me luck and keep me accountable!!

No comments:

Post a Comment