Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Becoming....

There are certain "accessories" a person needs to "become" an athlete.

As a runner, I have the proper shoes, socks, clothing (for cold and hot weather!), my Garmin and my iPod.... all things that I run with that are part of what makes me "a runner".

As a swimmer, I have my suit, goggles, swim cap, towel (usually, sometimes I forget my towel for those 5 am swim workouts!), not to mention my GIGANTIC gym bag to tote everything in. When I don these items, I become "a swimmer".

Today, I am excited to announce that I have taken my first strides in BECOMING....a bike rider! I bought my first pair of bike shoes....my bike doesn't have pedals that I can clip into yet (hopefully soon!), BUT I can wear them in spin class and look oh-so official! I can't wait to try them out tonight!

1 comment:

  1. You'll love them...biking shoes make you so much more efficient.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete