Friday, April 16, 2010

Nikki Takes A Tumble

That's right...it happened. I fell off my bike yesterday! Decided to ride the bike (with Ben behind me in the trailer) to my 9:30 FXB class yesterday.

I clipped in for the ride, because I still haven't switched my pedals and I have Ben hitched to my mountain bike (which has the clip pedals), I figured clipping in would make the pulling a little easier.

On the way there I successfully un-clipped numerous times to cross the street and was pretty comfortable with the whole process. I rolled thru the Farrell's parking lot and into the little "breezeway" near the entrance to FXB. I had un-clipped my left foot, but was still sitting on my seat...a slight lean to the right and the next thing I knew I was on the ground with the bike on top of me. A random person walking by ran over to help me up (ugh!). And of course it was right in front of the door/windows @ FXB, so the fall was witnessed by many!

Good news is that Ben's trailer didn't tip over...I don't know what he was doing when this all happened, because he didn't see it, even though he had a front row seat!

I am actually a bit relieve to get the first fall under my belt...it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be...I have a couple of scrapes, bruises on both of my palms and a wicked bruise on my right leg and a little tenderness on my left side, I think the handlebars hit me.

An hour later, after a 45 minute bands class and 15+ minutes of stalling, I got right back on that bike! I was tempted to ride home un-clipped, but I resisted! I clipped in and rode home without incident!

I am still concerned about the whole falling-while-in-motion thing...I have a feeling that "first fall" might hurt a bit more!

No comments:

Post a Comment