Monday, April 5, 2010

Maiden Voyage

Rode my new bike for the first time today! It was also my first official outside ride of the year. The ride was great, I just upgraded from a mountain bike to a road bike and was curious to see how different it would feel. The ride didn't really "feel" different, but I rode 5+ miles/hour faster on average than I ever had on the mountain bike, so that must count for something!

Here is my route info, per my garmin:

First Bike Ride

I do have to admit that I didn't switch the pedals, so I didn't "clip" into the pedals today, I am still a little nervous about that. Another goal for another day!

Also, I have another thing to add to my Favorite Things list:

Looking down while riding the bike and seeing the road/trail rushing by in a blur!

I wonder what I will find to add to the list next!

2 comments:

  1. Really like the tracking that the Garmin does for you. It's pretty cool to do the player one that goes through the map on the route you took. Clips are great, and you'll learn after falling once that it is very important which way you start leaning when coming to a stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't want to fall...ever! So, which way should I lean? I was thinking about putting the pedals on today, now I am anxious again!

    Yes, the player is my favorite too! LOVE the Garmin!

    ReplyDelete