Monday, February 15, 2010

Missing Piece

For the past couple of weeks I've been training like a triathlete....training has been going great (I did 500 yards straight thru 2 times on Saturday~250 had been my prior best). But something has been missing.

Today, I begin eating like a triathlete. I really don't mind eating right, it just takes so much planning that I often get tripped up. Well, I am fully prepared this week. I am back to logging my food thru my bodybugg program and am actually using thier recommended meal plans to help. I've already eaten 2 meals this morning 804 calories...holy moly...that is a lot of food!

I have my new BB program set up to create a 750 calorie deficit daily, which should lead to 1.5lb weight loss weekly. Because of my increased activity, my calorie requirements have increase as well....3050 calorie burn goal and 2300 calorie intake goal daily. Looking at my meal plan, I am concerned that I am not going to get all the food in everyday! Just in case you're wondering...here is my meal plan for today:

Meal 1 (7 am):
One scoop protein powder
8 oz 1% milk
1 banana
277 calories

Meal 2 (9 am):
1 egg
2 cups multigrain Cheerios
1 orange
.5 cup Almond milk (in cereal)
8 oz. chocolate milk
526 calories

Meal 3 (12 pm):
16 thin pretzel sticks
Turkey sandwich consisting of:
3 oz turkey
1 wedge laughing cow light cheese
Sara Lee Delightful hamburger bun
lettuce
472 calories

Meal 4 (3 pm):
1.5 cups Honey Nut Cheerios (more cereal? I am not complaining!)
8 oz 1% milk
282 calories

Meal 5 (6:30 pm):
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
.5 cup mixed veggies
1 cup brown rice
4 oz. chicken breast
576 calories

This is a little short of my calorie goal, but I like to create a little "buffer" just in case my measurements are a little off. I am sure I'll be sick of eating by the time the day is over!!!

Workout plan for the day:
3 mile run (done)
45 minute kickboxing class (done)
30 minute driveway shoveling (this is happening so frequently lately, I am counting it!)
45 minute kickboxing class @ 4:30 today~maybe...we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment